The Orange Chapter of SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” is part of a national nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of the nation’s small business. SCORE volunteers serve as “Counselors to America’s Small Business.”
Orange SCORE provides free and confidential business counseling tailored to meet the needs of your small business and your personal objectives. Orange SCORE also offers workshops, for a modest fee, for both start-up entrepreneurs and in-business small business owners.
SCORE volunteers are real-world professionals with time-tested knowledge who donate thousands of hours to help small businesses succeed. Counselors are experts in such areas as accounting, finance, marketing, management and business plan preparation.
Orange SCORE is comprised of more than a dozen volunteers that provide guidance and counseling to entrepreneurs in Orange county. Contact us at (845) 457-9700, or peruse this site to learn more about our services. We look forward to serving you.
Nationwide 10,500 men and women donate their time and expertise to assist America’s entrepreneurs. Call our chapter office at (845) 457-9700 to request a volunteer application.
If your goal is to open a small business, chances are you have many questions. And that’s a good thing. if you haven’t already, sooner or later you may be wondering:
– How do I go about getting a business loan?
– Where are good places to advertise?
– What workplace safety laws govern my business?
– Should I be a sole proprietor, or should I form a corporation?
– What should my pricing formula be?
– Can my community support another business like mine?
– How do I interpret an advertising rate card?
– Should I run the business from home or rent space?
– Where will I find suppliers?
– Should I trademark my business name?
– Is my product marketable online?
– What goes into preparing an employee handbook?
– Should I have an attorney review all my documentation?
One proven resource for getting the right answers to all of these questions is SCORE, “Counselors to America’s Small Business.” SCORE is a nonprofit association that aids the formation, growth and success of America’s small businesses. Nationwide, 10,500 volunteer, business experts donate their skills, experience and insights through free, confidential counseling.
SCORE’s business counselors have worked for successful small businesses, as well as companies known worldwide, such as Hewlett Packard, IBM, Xerox, Exxon Mobil, Citicorp and Procter and Gamble. You can be mentored by bankers, accountants, marketing experts, computer programmers, line managers, human resources professionals or CEOs. SCORE brings expertise that encompasses both the general issues every business must face and such specialized areas as defense contracting, direct-mail marketing, freelance fashion design and toy manufacturing.